Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Political commercials are the root of all evil

The Sun-Sentinel reports that Charlie Crist is leading Jim Davis is the polls for governor. The new telephone poll showed that 53% of 783 likely voters would vote for Crist and 43% would vote for Davis.

The why Davis is behind in the poll? The voters, apparently, don't really know who he is.

My theory? Of course they don't know who Davis is. The only reason I know who Davis is as a politician is largely due to the fact that I, you know, looked him up. And the thing is, a lot of people won't take the time to research candidate.

So when you have an opponent like Charlie Crist who releases as many commercials as he has, and you don't match it, I can imagine that more people would know who your opponent is and vote for him.

Although, there's something to be said for over-advertising. Because personally, if I see one more Charlie Crist commercial I think I'm going to make a commercial of my own about why politicians need to stop making irritating commercials.

Or just change the channel.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home