Thursday, September 21, 2006

High Priority?

According to the Orlando Sentinel, Charlie Crist is getting $1 million from The Republican Governors Association for his run for Florida governor. It also means he's getting more money for his campaign than any other Republican running for the governor's seat in the country.

Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney, who is head of the Republican Governors Association, said that Crist winning Jeb Bush's seat was a high priority.

"We've got a couple of others [states] that are in this category. But nobody is higher than Florida," Romney said.
Really? I mean, I understand that Florida carries a lot of electoral college votes and I suppose most would consider the Florida governor seat more powerful than, say, the governor of Rhode Island, but if I were a Republican I would think that a higher priority would be getting the votes all over the country. I suppose that sounds idealist of me and simplistic but I'm not a politician, nor am I Republican, so I can be idealist and simplistic.

In a time when most of the country has become disillusioned by the Republican Party, I would think they would make more of an effort to show that they care about the country as a whole instead of caring about one or two states.

At the very least they could fake their caring about the other states. Is that too much to ask?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home